Monday, November 28, 2011

Do you have Klout?





What is Klout?
Klout is clout... Actually Klout is a "new" service that shows how much digital clout you have. In other words Klout tells you your standing in Social Networking. It works by having you allow it reading access to your social sites. Such as facebook, G+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Blogs. It aggregates the number of connections you have, how many people respond to your content, and the kind of topics that you talk about. Then it spells all this info out into comprehensive charts and simple scores. [ My actual current Klout Score is above. ] This score varies as you participate on social networks and the more info that Klout receives. If a score is not enough info there is a comparison chart that gives you a rundown of where you stand in real world terms.


 -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=-  -=*=- -=*=- 

You are a Networker "You know how to connect to the right people and share what's important to your audience. You generously share your network to help your   followers. You have a high level of engagement and an influential audience." 
 -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=-  -=*=- -=*=- 
According to Klout I'm currently labeled as a networker. This means that I network and connect people with others, services, and products that they may be interested in. This is what they got from knowing me the past few weeks. Which is partly true. I enjoy connecting people with and sharing interesting things. But it also leads me to think there is something amiss about their topics aggregation.

Klout says you should soon be able to select topics that you are interested in or talk about. Right now I don't have any topics in my list. It looks like they have ignored my interests from Facebook and other sites. Which means I'm not listed as an entertainer, movie fanatic, artist, theatre techie, puppeteer, or anything that really matters to me. Most likely cause I have not talked about that much in the past few weeks. But what does all this info get me? 

Most importantly Klout shows me how my topics reflect socially. By some minor investigation I can tell that some topics interest people more than others. So I can understand what my audience's interests are. To sum everything up the best thing about Klout is that your influence has value. Your score gets you perks! Depending on your score and topical influence businesses offer different perks through Klout.

Through this I have become a "co-founder" of Wahooly. There they get their users to influential about start ups. For sharing your opinion of a start up, or using their products and services, you are rewarded with a percentage of that start up's equity. 

As a fellow Team Wahooly member tweeted.  
"Well, 0.0002% of nothing is nothing, but 0.0002% of Facebook is now $20 million" - @alexaardema 
I will post more about Wahooly as things get started with them.
Looks like the future is bright for these two companies.

No comments: