Sunday, September 11, 2011

Superman Drawing for Mike

To explain this post I would like to mention this article over at http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com.
"DO SOMETHING NICE FOR A COMICS FAN WHO COULD USE A LITTLE NICENESS"

A hobby that I'm passionate about is drawing. I have drawn sparingly throughout my life. I even took sketching and art as a teen, at the local community college. I like to take inspiration from comics, pin-ups, and other current artists. Over the years, I have drawn less frequently and I'm trying to draw more.

A friend invited me to check out DigiCon, today. On their schedule was a time slot to draw Superman for Mike, referring to the article above... Mike is a guy that has been on a disability pension for the past twenty years. His beloved possession was his Superman collection. It consisted of action figures, comics, and other memorabilia, he had gathered over his lifetime. Sometime in the past few weeks much of this collection was stolen.

There is a call to artists of all makes and ages to draw something related to Superman for Mike. To help give him support as the police track down the thief. It does not need to be the best artwork. It's the thought that counts.

So tonight, I picked up my digital stylus and "penned" this doodle of Superman for Mike. I'm going to get it printed and sent in as soon as I can.


If you would like to send something in. You can find the address mentioned on the article here:
"DO SOMETHING NICE FOR A COMICS FAN WHO COULD USE A LITTLE NICENESS"

-=*=- Dockery James -=*=-

More updates soon... I hope.

No comments: